The march of iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S sales launch countries continues across the globe
Apple’s iPhone march around the world continues with an additional 35 countries launching iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S sales on the 25th of October. 16 more countries will launch on the 1st of November.
Everyone is comparing sales – previous iPhone against the new iPhones.
Different launch business models, different number of launch countries and sequence.
We are comparing the sale of bananas against the sale of cherries to draw conclusions about the future sales of apples. It just doesn’t work.
The only thing that is currently being proved is Apple knows how to manage, market and effect unit sales figures to their advantage.
The iPhone 5 launch countries as of the 1st of November – 47
iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S launch countries as of the 1st of November – 62
While both the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5C / iPhone 5S launch country totals should closely match by year end (roughly 100 countries) country sequence and number of carriers selling the iPhones has a very real impact on the reported sales figures.
iPhone 5 country launch countries
- September 21 – first availability – 9 countries
- September 28 – additional 22 countries – total 31 countries
- November 30 – 16 additional countries – total 48 countries
- December 07 – 1 additional country – total 48 countries
- December 14 – 33 additional countries – total 81 countries
- December 21 – 20 additional countries – total 101 countries
iPhone 5C iPhone 5S launch countries
On September 10th
- September 10 – first availability – 11 countries including China
On October 25th 35 countries – total 46 countries
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, French West Indies, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Island, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, and Thailand.
On November 1st 16 countries – total 62 countries
- Albania, Armenia, Bahrain, Colombia, El Salvador, Guam, Guatemala, India, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and United Arab Emirates.
Securities analysts are cutting their September – December iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S sales estimates by some rather dramatic numbers. If you want to try to follow some of the speculation Business Insider is reporting revised unit sales estimates from Ming-Chi Kuo here.
The general trend seems to be the iPhone 5S is selling, the iPhone 5C is being discounted.
Overall iPhone unit sales will remain “strong” with the iPhone 4S picking up the slack by being offered “free” when purchased with a carrier contract.
There will be some indication of overall iPhone sales when Apple reports earnings on the 28th of October, but Apple does not break out unit sales by model number.
Further spice for year end Apple revenue – iPad 5 launch
Apple now plans to launch two new iPads on the 22nd of October.
Following the iPhone 5 launch model of 2 versions at the same time the iPad mini 2 is expected to contain modest upgrades (display and processor) while the new iPad 5 is expected to cover the feature bases and show dramatic changes.
The launch should further spice up Apple sales figures for the xmas season.